Oil & Gas
|Year of establishment||1979|
|Number of Employees||568|
The Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) was established in December 1979 as a joint venture between Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) member states for the manufacture of fertilizers and petrochemicals. The Government of Bahrain, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), Saudi Arabia and Petrochemical Industries Company (PIC), Kuwait equally own the joint venture. GPIC is today regarded as a great example of fruitful Gulf cooperation.
The GPIC’s first project was the construction of a petrochemical complex at Sitra on the North East coast of Bahrain. An area of 60 hectares was reclaimed from the sea for the construction of the Ammonia and Methanol units (1,000 metric tonnes of each product per day) and a comprehensive Utilities train. Production started in 1985 and, in 1989, capacity increased to 1200 MT of each product per day. In March 1998, the granulated Urea plant (1,700 MT per day) was inaugurated by the HRH the Prime Minister of Bahrain.
To be a global, dynamic world-class petrochemical and fertilizer company of choice recognized for excellence.
To grow and add value to our customers and shareholders by meeting their expectations whilst: